Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 
Here's a blog entry from one of our YourBusinessBody.com participants, David R. out in Santa Barbara, Ca. -

The Power of a Challenge

Scott York sent out an email yesterday to his list regarding the Your Business Body Challenge.

Scott talked about how he sometimes challenges his training clients and inspires them to greater achievement. It's a powerful position to hold - the position of the challenger.

I've challenged a few people - one, an acquaintance (Dan) I knew to be a "former athlete". We were at breakfast, and we were comparing training notes. He expressed an interest in getting together for a weekly jog.

I said - "Maybe...if you'll conform to my training schedule...first, let me ask you some questions... do you have any health issues, bad knees, ankles, hips, feet?" He replied - "All clear"
Then I asked "Do you want a weekly run, or are you ready for a challenge..."

Dan was skeptical: "What do you have in mind?"

I said, "the LA Marathon is in 20 weeks. Want to train for it?"

Dan gave me a funny look, and said "tell me more..."

I told him how I trained and completed a couple of marathons. I told him about the training program. I told him I'd be there right along side him.

He said yes.
We trained together, until 4 weeks before the marathon, when I pulled a muscle and dropped out of the training. I didn't abandon Dan though.... I rode a bike alongside him for the last couple long runs, like Burgess Meredith in the Rocky flicks.

Dan completed his first marathon last year at LA. His family cheered him on at the finish. And he lost over 30 pounds during the training.

Dan's life changed because he accepted the challenge.

We're now very good friends - and he is grateful that I had the guts to issue him a challenge.

My life is changing because I accepted Joe Vitale & Scott York's Business Body Challenge... Yours can change too....Click Here to Accept Your Business Body Challenge.

David R.

Comments:
Just finding this site and blog... Great idea and thanks for this post...

Ties right in with issuing myself a body fitness challenge last week...

Thank you.

Angela.

http://www.soulselfhelp.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?